Welcome To Christ Lovers Hub

-------------------------------------------------------------

Monday 14 December 2015

True Life Story on Rape! A Must Read!!

And that was how God saved me from RAPE! A Must Read!!
True story about how God saved me from Rape

This happened long time ago but I'm led to share it with all Christ Lovers across the globe. Read and be Blessed!

Being a strong Tomboy while growing up, I always thought, Rape? No! no man can rape me, anyone who tries it? Hmm! I'll fight, I'll do this, I'll do that. You know, I played rape scenes in my small head and then strategically planned how I'll deliver myself...lol, forgetting what the bible said in Isaiah which says, woe to that man that trust in the arm of the flesh (paraphrased). Well, truth is the day I finally experienced it, you won't even believe it, Friends, I couldn't even exercise or carry out not even one of my plans...lol
I had an old friend who used to live in my neighborhood with his elder brother, we normally chat and greet well. So years down the lane, he relocated after his brother got married. I didn't know exactly where he relocated to, so he invited me over. Now, that didn't feel right, so I refused to honor the invitation. Several times he invited me for more than one year, I didn't flinch, I didn't go. After almost two years, I traveled and was away for a while.
When I got back, I needed to visit some relatives of mine, so on my way to their place, a thought came to mind and it said, "this your friend has been inviting you for a long time, so why not stop by and say hello". So, I decided to visit which was a bad idea by the way, I picked my phone and called him, I'm around your area I said, where exactly is your house? He directed me and soon I was at his doorstep, 'harmless visit' or so I thought. On seeing me, I could literally smell his excitement, he ushered me in, it was a room apartment. He had just one plastic seat with his clothes piled up in it, so sitting on the bed became the obvious alternative. We both sat down and began to reminisce on old times, after a while he went out, got some drinks and snacks for both of us. I was so much at alert, preparing for anything that might spring up, relying so much on my senses and strength. He asked me to take first and I smartly told him, no, you take first and when he did, I collected that particular one from him, because I assumed he'll take one that's safe, assuming one isn't. I was being careful.
After about twenty minutes into the discussions, he started coming close and then closer, I stylishly shifted each time becoming a little agitated. Next, I felt his hands on my shoulder and there and then I knew I was in trouble. Meanwhile, the television was on and the volume was quite high, his door was equally closed which i couldn't complain about initially because of the noise emanating from the power generating set just outside his door. So I started rehearsals in my mind of how I'll overtake and conquer...lol.
I removed his hand, shifted a little bit and soon he came close again with his hand rubbing against my skin. I rebuked him and was like please stop that, I don't like it and he just sat there smiling sheepishly, saying sorry, relax. Friends, before I could say Jack, the dude was all over me and did I mention he was only in his boxers? Yea, you heard me, only his boxers because after he bought the stuffs, the weather was hot, it's his house, he removed his clothes, I didn't complain, how could I...another bad idea.
So, the war began, i started fighting and struggling for my dear virginity not to be snatched away from me by a rapist in the cloak of a friend. It wasn't funny and I couldn't shout because I was ashamed to be in that mess in a man's room and even if I did, no one would here me because of the television and noise outside. Remember when I said I was rehearsing? well, at this point, I couldn't remember what it was I actually rehearsed and all I saw myself doing was begging while the struggle was going on. I stood up so many times but he'll lift me off the floor and throw me back to the bed, he was older and as a man obviously stronger than I was. I pleaded and pleaded, stretched and struggled and at some point I stood, begged him to open the door for me to leave but he refused. He stood up, lifted me and threw me back, then I knew he was mean and desperate and to make matters worse I was putting on a flay skirt, I didn't like tight wears then and I don't wear them. So each time, I fell on that bed, my skirt flew up exposing my underwear and I was struggling to cover myself up and yet keep holding him off. Eventually, I was helpless, running out of strength, I knew there was nothing more I could do and just then it hit me. I started doing what I should have done thirty minutes ago, I started praying and crying out to God for deliverance. I stopped begging him and just kept praying, turning about the whole bed.  I didn't want to lie steadily, i didn't want to give up or yield, I kept trusting God for a miracle. Then, few minutes later, the unexpected happened, he just stopped, yea, just like that, stopped and left me. I stood up, tidied myself because I was really looking scattered, picked up my hair packer from where it fell and my other stuffs and I said please open the door, I want to leave. He started apologizing, saying he was sorry, that he thought I was that kind of girl and I said, oh! no problem, it's okay but just open the door. He dressed up, opened the door and I ran out and that was when I had the nerves to show my anger, I was so mad and furious. I wasn't violated, but it felt like I was. My entire body was in pains due to the long scuffle.
I expressed my anger and disappointment, told him thanks for teaching me a very strong lesson which is "by strength shall no man prevail".
I appreciated God for saving me from that nightmare and for not allowing my life to be ruined, thereafter I began to trust God completely for protection. Isn't God faithful? you don't have to pass through terrible things before you start trusting God. Be very careful of who you call friends, you can meet them in an open place but if you must visit, go with someone.
Trust in God in all your ways and he shall direct your path. Thanks for reading my story, I hope it blessed you. I love you all, friends...God bless you!

You can use the comment box for questions, concerns, contributions and comments. Thanks.


3 comments:

  1. The post really blessed me. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. The post really blessed me. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is ever faithful. HE will always protect HIS own from such people that seek nothing but to devour. Thank you Jesus for this deliverance. Cheers

    ReplyDelete